Washing Machine Not Using Detergent and Fabric Softener
Once in a while, you will open a drawer only to find a plethora of abysmal occurrences which include the presence of a fabric conditioner and detergent. We all wonder what could be causing these residues to remain unused by the washing machine. Could there be a fault with the appliance?
In this post, you’ll learn what the impending issues could be. At the same time, you will be able to know the best way to restore your washing machine so that it can continue performing exceptionally. If however you are unable to fix the issue yourself, you may have to call a Repair Air engineer to fix your washing machine problem.
Build up of fabric conditioner
Just like any other appliance in the home, a washing machine also needs to be serviced at regular intervals to avoid unexpected breakdowns. At times the detergent will go down the machine, but the fabric softener might end up not following suit. Indeed, this could be as a result of a build-up that would have led to blockage of the syphon tube, – usually located strategically underneath the fabric softener cover. The end product will be a foul or pungent smell emanating from the machine.
- Getting to know the impending problem will need you to remove the detergent drawer so that you can investigate the issue.
- Use a tiny brush and water to clean the drawer thoroughly.
- Fill the drawer with water, and if the water smoothly passes with the drawer syphoning the contents away, it means the machine is unblocked.
This simple task is vital to ensuring the appliance is performing its work excellently.
Blocked dispense water jets
Do not work on the detergent drawer so much that you forget to turn your attention to the top of the soap container. Many spray jets ensure there is sufficient water in the conditioner and detergent departments. It is common for a buildup of dirt to be found in this area. The following simple guidelines will assist you to deal with the problem.
- Carefully spray the area with limescale solution while using a soft brush to remove any dirt.
- Rinse the drawer then refill it to check if the jets are working correctly by water being dispensed in them.
- In case water flowing in cannot be retained then it is time for you to purchase a new top dispenser. It is necessary to check the machine on a monthly basis to avoid unprecedented breakdowns.
Other common problems that washing machines experience are:
- The washer is producing a rattling sound – If your washer is creating a strange noise during the washing cycle could be an indication of a serious problem. It could mean the drain pump has blocked because of too much residue from detergents which are clogged in several tubes.
- The washer won’t start – Nothing is more aggravating than a washer failing to start when you are about to start washing clothes. Inspect the door to see if it is activated and if not, call a certified Repair Aid electrician to check it out.
Washing machines need to be handled with utmost care for them to function for the intended period. So, if you are having mechanical complications with your machine and have tried all the above tips but yet nothing seems to be working, then why not ring us or drop an email message. Here at Repair Aid we have decades of experience in washing machine repairs and we are accessible day-in, day-out to help sort out your domestic appliance headaches.